Champions of Power and Dread
A downloadable roleplaying game
Three DREAD MONARCHS vie for power over the ruinous wilderlands. Into the crumbling keeps of dead kings they send their champions – knights and mages specialised in the art of war – to rebuild such fortresses and amass armies of the strange and dangerous creatures which plague these lands.
Enter the world of Champions of Power and Dread, a strategic tabletop roleplaying game in which players assume the role of champions in the service of a terrible regent, campaigning their way across dark fantasy landscapes of horror and mystery.
Originally created for GGGJam, this expansive hexcrawl draws inspiration from videogames like Heroes of Might & Magic III, Mount & Blade: Warband, and Dark Souls, translated to an original tabletop roleplaying ruleset.
With a blend of roleplay and strategy allowing those from a traditional roleplaying background to test their tactical acumen, Champions is a unique and dramatic fusion of tabletop genres.
Campaigns take place over numerous in-game days, in which phases can be spent exploring hexes or building up your keep. During exploration you test your Champion's skills, recruit and employ troops, gather resources, and engage in battle. In battle, you control units with different strengths and special powers, and try to rout or slay your enemies. Winning battles lets you improve your Champion, and draw closer to winning the scenario!
- The core rulebook as a digital PDF. Over 50 pages of rules, including character building, making and playing games, and unit statistics, packed with gorgeous antiquated public domain art.
- A plain-text version of the core rulebook as a digital PDF.
- Printable and form-fillable character sheets for managing your champion, army, and keep.
- Storm-Wracked Isle: a sample campaign as a digital PDF, which also comes with full-colour and print-friendly hex maps.
- New! In the Vanguard: variant rules for wading into battle.
Need hex grids for doodling your maps? Here's a link!
In order to download this roleplaying game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $10 USD. You will get access to the following files: